Call for a free consultation 714-740-8400

A family law firm


Make Your Case In Your Parental Relocation Matter

Being a parent after divorce can require a big adjustment for you and your kids. Because of the child custody agreement, you may not be able to see the children as often as you once did, but you are still taking part in raising your kids. But if the custodial parent wants to move out of state, the implications for both parents can be very serious.

The Law Firm of Patrick A. McCall represents parents throughout Orange County, California, in parental relocation matters. Whether you are seeking to move to another state with your child, or you want to prevent the relocation, as your lawyer Patrick A. McCall will fight for your parental rights.

Why Parents Try To Move With The Kids

People choose to move out of state for many reasons, including a new job, a romantic relationship, or simply to get a fresh start. Of course, when children and unmarried parents are involved, things get more complicated, especially if the custodial parent does not have permanent sole custody.

If the noncustodial parent objects to a proposed move, both parents must go to court. The custodial parent must show the judge that the move is in the child’s best interests. At The Law Office of Patrick A. McCall, we provide skilled representation to help you make your case. If the court approves the move, we can help you adjust the visitation schedule, perhaps to include out of state visitation time, so that you can still spend time with your kids.

Contact The Firm

Let attorney Patrick A. McCall help you with your parental relocation dispute. For a free initial consultation about your case, please call 714-740-8400 or email our firm.